HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Friday, December 19, 2008

God as a consolation prize

.
.

God as a consolation prize
.
by Carl Baydala
.
.
You know what I have learned about life so far? I have learned that you can't always have the things you want. I think that is a given. But, you know what the consolation prize is? The prize is that you can keep on believing that it is going to happen. Now, a consolation prize indicates a degree of failure I suppose. In the game of life, however, I think the consolation prize is actually not a bad prize at all. It might represent a degree of failure or some kind of a loss, but it also represents a certain degree of hope too. That is exactly what believing in God is too - it is wishful thinking at its best. Belief in God is another sort of consolation prize. It is something you get to believe in when you cannot have the real thing. So, God is a pretty good thing if you think of that way. What do you think?

No comments: