HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sowing the Race Track Seeds

.

.
.
Sowing the Race Track Seeds
















.
It was another beautiful, sunny day in Vancouver. I got an oil change today because it was time. I had a young girl serving me at the fast lube joint. It is good to see young women becoming involved in jobs like this. I could tell that she was fairly green though and Iknew it was her job to try and sell me some extra services. All I wanted was an oil change because my vehicle was 100 per cent up to date as far as servicing was concerned.
This was a very professional lube joint that I went to and I know that some are not. She recommended I put 10 30 weight oil in my unit as that would not hurt it, but I told her I am sticking to 5 30 as my manual suggests. And, I stuck to my guns even though she had an argument against it. I could tell she was full of training but I stuck to my principles nevertheless. There was a bit of a psychological battle going on, but I think I won in the end and the lube job proceeded without incident after that. Except that she said at the end that oil changes were needed at every 5,000 kilometres while I told her that my Toyota only required it at every 8000 kilometres. And, once again I stuck to my guns about that. I wonder if she appreciated my position on these matters and in fact I asked her at the end if she gets picky guys like me in there. We get a few she says.
Anyhow, a couple of days ago a friend sent me kind of a chain letter with some points to follow. And, one of those points was: when you give, give more than someone expects and give cheerfully. So, I said OK to myself, I will think about it. After the oil change I headed out for the races and on the way I noticed a group of kids at a gas station holding a car wash. I didn't even think about it. I just drove in. I wanted my car washed because it was a beautiful sunny day. The vehicle was grubby looking anyway. And, besides, I just did not have time to do it. I usually wash my car myself because this is such an important job to do. You cannnot just let anybody wash the unit now can you? So I drive in and ask the kids holding the car wash as to what organization they were involved in. They said they were Christians and they were raising money for work that they were going to do with native children somewhere in B. C. I thought that was a find idea and also considered the fact that I was confronting a bunch of Christians. I cannot tell these kids that I am atheist now can I? After some more thought, I said that was a fine thing. I did not want to break out into an argument or joke around and say I was an atheist, I just wanted the unit washed and that was that.
So, a whole pile of kids just got going and proceeded to wash my car. Now, I said to myself. This is what Christians do all the time. They give to charity, they tithe and all that kind of thing. I decided that I wanted to challenge these Christians. Let's test this God stuff out. And, don't tell them I am atheist to boot.
It was a very fast job they did and it did not look half bad. I walked around and did a quick inspection on their work and while I was doing so I was thinking about how much I should pay them. I thought I would impress them a bit and since it was by donation I pulled out my wad of bills and peeled off a twenty for them. They were all very impressed and they were all smiling. Well, I felt good too. Giving to a good cause and besides getting my car all dressed up too. I wished them all luck in their endeavors and left the gas station.
Then I headed out in the sunshine with my shiny, freshly washed car and cranked up the tunes.
I got to the track- http://fraserdowns.com/ and bought a Meadowlands form. Usually I buy it early and do my homework, but not today because I have been disappointed with the track as it has been underperforming. I handicappped 4 races according to my system. I would bet altogether about 66 dollars. Actually, I lost the first three races and decided I had had enough. The track was still not good for me. But, I bet Race number 8 which I had done the work on and drove home. I would get the results on my computer when I got home. Maybe, just maybe giving more and giving to Christians even would pay off for me. After all, have I ever spent 20 bucks to get my car washed? Not likely. And, what about the chain letter? Any truth to that? Well, anyway, to make a long story short I jumped on the computer and checked the results at the Meadowlands web site. http://www.thebigm.com/ And, sure enough one of my system bets paid off. You will notice that on the photo I supplied to you that the winning triactor combination is the one at the very bottom of the ticket Once you are at the Meadowlands web site highlight 'live racing' and then go to 'results'. After that go to the tab showing the days of the week and press the arrow to the left until you find the week of 6/18 - 6/24 and then press 'Saturday', and finally, scroll down to Race number 8 to see how the horses finished, their odds, and the payoffs, etc. For my one dollar triactor I made about 426 dollars. And, that is all I bet with my system. Just triactors. Please note that the money I won comes from a different pool than the Meadowlands one. Canadians bet through the Woodbine Racetrack for certain out of country tracks and sometimes the payoffs are greater than the host track and sometimes they are lesser, as in this particular case.
.
The bottom line is I won today and the Christians don't even know that I am an atheist.

No comments: