HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Appropriate Behavior

.
.
.
.
Appropriate Behavior
.
by Carl Baydala
.
.
.
How do you know if you are acting appropriately or not? Have you ever wondered to yourself or out loud if you are doing what you should be doing as it relates to your behavior in any given situation?
.
I think about these kinds of things from time to time actually and I am generally satisfied with my level of behavior if you want the truth of the matter. Now, please note that I said that I am satisfied with my performance, not what others think of my actions. And, that is the point of the whole thing friends. You need to happy with your behavior and not worry excessively about what others think of you - and your behavior.
.
I have learned quite simply that it is better to be yourself and not anybody else. That is the best way to deal with this issue I think. Nobody can act like you anyway so you might as well be satisfied with how you act and feel in any particular situation. Just be yourself and let your personality run free as it were. You cannot change others and others cannot change you. Only you can speak and act like you do so just accept it and live with it. You know what makes you laugh and what make you sad or angry, so just deal with these things as they enter your life. Act how you think you should act and do not worry about what others say or think about you. For example, here is a short video that I made last night while driving in the rain in my sports car. Is this appropriate behavior for a sixty year old person? You bet it is and here it is:
.
.


.
.
As a matter of fact all throughout my life I have had to live with criticism about my behavior and my ideas. You need to be confident about yourself though and what you represent. You represent yourself and not somebody else so that should be your first clue as how to act and manage what others think about you and your behavior. A really good example coming from personal experience is my life story and that basically is what this blog is all about. It is about me and my experiences and not much more than that. If you take time to read certain portions of my blog you will find that I have had some unusual experiences. And, that is because each life is unique and mine is not any different. But, dig a little deeper and see what I am doing. I probably have done things that others have not done or would even think of doing. Maybe even the content of this blog would be an example. I am not going to get overly specific here except to insert the following. Anything I do is based on my personal philosophy of life just like everyone else. We all have our unique experiences and we handle people and events in our own way. But, to manage your life and your behavior properly requires that you be real or authentic with yourself.
.
Now, some of us are more authentic than others. What I mean by that is that some of us, and I am including myself, are not afraid to act appropriately given a specific situation. That is a good working definition of authenticity I feel. We are not afraid to be ourselves and reveal ourselves to others by our actions. We are not afraid to say in public that we love someone or that we disagree with this or that politician or business leader. And, we are not afraid to stand up for our rights or criticize someone in a public place - if required. I believe that people like myself perform our actions out of self interest of course. I believe that to be the basis of all behavior as I have stated many times before. For example, I am not personally afraid of standing up to authority and questioning that individual's authority. Maybe my atheism and lack of ties to organized religion helps me out here. Who knows for sure? This is probably the best example that I can give you to help to explain my personality and behavior to you, however. Where did I acquire this characteristic? Through my life experiences and the development of my character and my education. That is the short answer. I think it is terribly important to act appropriately in any given situation and to be authentic as possible while you are doing that. Look at the things that I have done in my life and ask yourself if I have done the right thing for me. I have already answered that question for myself. And, now you must do the same thing for yourself as well.
.
.

No comments: