HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Friday, May 15, 2009

Third Annual Blogger Report

.
.
.
Third Annual
.
Blogger Report
.
.
.
May 2009
.
Yes, dear friends time certainly flies now doesn't it? Here we are once again in the middle of May. It is time to examine what we have accomplished over the past year;
.
Friends, we have made great progress over the past twelve months. So much has happened in my life that I just don't know where to start or what to focus on. Now, I certainly don't want to burden you with the lesser events of the year, so maybe I will just confine myself to my major accomplishments;
.
Semi-retirement is working out quite well I am glad to report. I am not experiencing any major financial difficulties and I am still just working three days per week. Usually it is Wednesday through Friday, but sometimes we switch things around a bit to make adjustments for the changing business conditions. You will appreciate that the courier business does not get any easier as there are always more vehicles on the road and more construction and numerous other things which can cause delays for the courier. Maybe that is why I bought a new truck with an automatic transmission. More on this detail later on in this report.
.
If you scan my posts over you will notice that I am becoming quite a bit more philosophical in my writings. Philosophy is my main interest in life right now and I have always been interested in the big questions that confront man, and I do in fact spend a lot of time just doing plain old thinking. So, look for more philosophy-oriented posts in the year to come.
.
2009 was the year in which I turned sixty years old; it is my diamond year. And, it is also the year in which I am planning on getting married, one way or the other. Now, it might not be a traditional wedding, but I can promise my readers some kind of wedding later on this year. So, be on the watch for that event and I will post the historic details when they occur.
.
Another thing that occurred over the last year was my 25th or Silver Anniversary. Now, this is a very special situation in my life as my regular readers are aware. You can read about this event by linking up to the post on the side bar called " My Silver Anniversary ". This is really a unique event and I might be the only person in the whole world who can lay claim to such an event and to have so many things occuring 25 years later that can add value and meaning to the original event. Like for example, the association of Ben Bernanke and the Federal Reserve. You will have to read my post Friday October 7, 1983 to make the connection. Weird or what? I mean, isn't that one of man's foremost preoccupations anyway - looking for meaning in life? Once again, check out the side bar and link up with my music and the song: " Every Breath You Take. " It is the top video in that series.
.
Lately, I have been adding videos and incorporating them into my posts. Hopefully, this will add some amusement and entertainment for my readers. Check out this post, for example and see how an old song can be combined with a video to produce an added effect:
.
.
Other features of my life include my Stock Portfolio and Harness Racing. I will be making posts for these areas of interest as occasions arise. So, I hope you will look forward to these events.
.
Finally, here is just one sample of the kind of music that I am inserting into my blog. I am crazy about sixties and late fifties music in particular so you can expect to find all kinds of love songs from this period cropping up. 1961 seems to be a very critical year for me. I am hooked on these songs and I do not forget them. I guess I was around twelve years old or so. I really believe that this is a revealing part of my personality, listening and remembering these old love songs, that is. Can you picture me driving down the road in my sports car ( pic off to the right ) and listening to love songs from the sixties and late fifties? Well, that is when I am the happiest person in the world - that is the simplicity of my personality.
.
I think you will find also that my interest in topics about love and philosophy are starting to become a more frequent topic of discussion. I hope to explore this area in greater depth as the opportunities present themselves. I will leave you with a couple of sample videos then. If you like this kind of music then you might have a better idea of what kind of a character and personality I really am.
.
Linda Scott in 1961
.

.
Also: "I Can't Stay Mad At You"
by Skeeter Davis 1963






.
You will notice in the picture at the beginning that I am sitting in a white truck; it is a 2009 Ford Ranger pickup. This means dear friends that the Rav 4 has ' left the company ' and has moved on. It was a very fine truck relationship as you are all probably aware, but all good things must come to a close at some point I suppose. Besides, maybe the relationship simply ran its course and it was time for us both to move on anyway.
.
.

No comments: