HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Friday, June 05, 2009

My Teenage Years: 1967

.

.

My Teenage Years: 1967

.


.

Above is Yours Truly
in 1967

I am eighteen years old







Here are some snaps from our 1967 YearBook.
They are all girls of course since I prefer to
look at pictures of girls rather than guys.



I don't have space for everyone, but I just wanted to show a few pictures of the girls and how they looked in our graduating year.








I am sure if anyone of them has any complaints about showing up my blog I will hear about it eventually.


.

Just wanted to show you all some of the innocent faces that graced our school in 1967.







You can check out the Year Book
below.

.




.
That is Linda directly above. She was my chum and we played cards together. She is a really neat person with an excellent personality. I wonder what Linda looks like at sixty years old.

.

You can take a look at all of the pictures in

our yearbook by clicking below.

If you wait a little bit before diving into the pictures

you will hear a song playing. It is Born Free, which

I think was actually a hit in 1966.

.




High school was actually pretty neat now that I think about it. I had quite a few friends that I hung out with at lunch time, so that was a lot of fun. I don't recall any of the negative things that occurred like in Junior High, for example. High school is really a more peaceful place, or it was for me anyhow. I had occasion to visit some high schools in the mid-nineties and they were just a chaotic mess compared to our high school year back in 1967.

.

....In 1967 something happened. And, that was the Six Day War that started on June 5th. The Vietnam War was raging in the background of course, but now this new war appeared as well. I remember just after the war happened I was sitting in one of my classes and one of my teachers, who was Jewish, was just so excited about the Israeli victory. He detailed for us how Israel had beaten down its Arab neighbours. I am not sure if anyone in the class was that interested actually. I do not remember being particularly politically astute at this time and I would be impartial to Israel's victory over her Arab neighbours. But, I certainly am very opinionated about events in this area right now let me assure you. If you read my Dear Courier Diary entries from June 4, 2009 and June 5, 2009 you will be able to determine the nature of my opinions on this subject.

.

I was actually still quite a strong runner at this point in my life, and that is in spite of my smoking habits. I was not involved in track and field or anything like that, but I do remember that I was still pretty good out of the starting gate in a sprint. Remember, I am probably the fastest ballboy that the Amusement park ever saw. ( my rating ) And, that is what I was doing during the summer months - I was working down at the games in my first job and enjoying every minute of it. I remember I finally got my license back and my motorcycle after a six month suspension. Boy oh boy was I ever glad to get my wheels back.

.

In just a year or so I would be going to university and that would be a brand new experience for me. And, I was about to get an attitude adjustment and a completely different view of the world, and all it took was a new environment.

.

Well, let me see now what was I listening to in 1967?
.
You have to remember that there was a different kind of
music being played during this time period, but I was
not interested at all.
.
Groups like the Doors and Light My Fire,
were popular, but not with me.
.
( see my Dear Courier Diary entry on June 5, 2009
if you want to listen to the Doors music )
.
I preferred something like the Jackie Wilson song below:



.
YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTIN ME (HIGHER AND HIGHER)
.
Jackie Wilson
1967


.

No comments: