HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 3



.

.
.
The Marriage of Carl Baydala
.
.
.
.
Part Three
.
A Marriage Made in Heaven
and sanctioned by the gods
.

The Marriage of Carl Baydala
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 2

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 3
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 4

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 5
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 6
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 7
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 8

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 9


.
.
.
Act Two: Scene Two

.
Setting: The Great Banquet Hall
.
.
Characters: Ida, Matt, Lord God Jehovah.
.
.
Ida and Matt are approaching the table of the Lord God Jehovah. Seated at this huge table are all of the gods and goddesses of Greek and Roman heritage. There is much laughter at the table. Jehovah and Jesus are seated at the end of the table, but at the moment of the arrival of Ida and Matt, Jehovah is not engaged in conversation and appears to be contemplating things on His own. Jehovah's large German shepherd dog is lying on the ground beside him to His right. His tongue is hanging out and he is panting. His feet are stretched out and he looks directly at the Goddess Ida as she approaches.
.
Ida in a low voice to Matt: " Honey, I want to talk to Jehovah, can you find something to do for a bit? "
.
Matt: " Sure honey. I understand. "
.
Matt and his fairy helper move away from the table. Ida moves closer to Jehovah. Jehovah acknowledges the presence of Ida.
.
Lord God Jehovah ( LGJ ) raising his voice: " Ida. So nice to see you again. Looks like you have really outdone yourself this time with this large gathering.
.
Ida, moving in the direction of Jehovah extends her hand to shake his hand.
.
Ida: " Nice to see you too Jehovah. "
.
Lord God Jehovah does not extend his hand to Ida's but instead emits a boisterous laugh.
.
LGJ: " You are charming indeed Ida. Have a seat beside me here so that we can talk awhile. "
.
Ida sits herself down beside Jehovah. While she is seating herself her Chelsea is making sure that her fine silk dress is positioned neatly over her seat and making sure that it will not wrinkle. The fairy steps back and stands behind Ida. Ida is not in the least unsettled by Jehovah's refusal to shake her hand.
.
Ida: " I trust Jehovah that you are aware of my reasons for the gathering. "
.
LGJ: " Of course Ida and I commend you on your efforts. I have been following the lives of Katy and Carl myself. In fact, I have taken a great interest in them. They are interesting characters indeed. ... But, I see you have beaten me to the punch again. "
.
Ida: " Not at all Jehovah. This is no contest or duel that we are engaged in here, as relates to Katy and Carl, I mean. I think they belong together and when I give my speech later I think you will come to agree with me. I am sure you are in accordance with the union and that it is the right thing to do..under the circumstances, I mean."
.
LGJ: " Yes, indeed, I have no quarrel with your efforts; it is an apparent solid union of two like-minded people, but of independent types as well. An intriguing and difficult match I think, but if you have made them as one then more power to you." He laughs and begins to squirm about in his seat. " You have done well for yourself Ida. "
.
Ida: " I can see that we are on the same page then..with this marriage I mean. It is good that you do not object. I know that you have your ways of expressing your disfavour when things are not going your way. I understand these things Jehovah and I appreciate that as a man and as a god that you will do things in your own way and in your own time. But, I also know that you are capable of doing the right thing as well. "
.
LGJ sensing some sarcasm in the tone of Ida's voice: " Thank you for your understanding in these things Ida. You are a most perceptive women. And, did I tell you how wonderful you look tonight? The gold earings are delightful. Very functional indeed. " He laughed again.
.
Ida: " No you did not, but thank you anyway. "
.
LGJ: " You are most welcome Ida. You know, I was just thinking. We are both idealists Ida and I am wondering if this presents some kind of a problem for the both us..what do you think..given our differences in the past, I mean? "
.
Ida: " Well, since we are both idealists that means that we are both aware of the numerous ideas available, to us both, I mean. That is our gain and our potential source of conflict as well, as you say. Now, you being a man of ideas have undoubtedly formed your own philosophy and you would like to conduct events in the manner that you see fit. I cannot quarrel with that notion at all. You decided to create earth and inhabit the place with man. Again, no problem. But, if I may offer some criticism here it would concern the way you executed the whole thing. Frankly, Jehovah I don't think earth was one of your successes..."
.
Lord God Jehovah laughing heartily: " Goddess I know that you are only joking of course. Earth is one of my greatest successes in fact. Where else can you find matter and idea in so much conflict? That is the point of the whole thing. Surely, as a women of philosophy and of ideas you can capture that thought? "
.
Ida: " Well, frankly Jehovah I never really did think of it on that level..as a success I mean, based on conflict. I know of all ideas of course, but I would not categorize earth as a successful idea at all. That is a novel idea indeed, however, this business of conflict, I mean. But, I would suggest that most of this is just your personality at work and not much more than that. And, fitting of course for a person with ideas. Perhaps the idea of conflict is a product of your personality and not much more. I commend you on your strategy of bringing man and woman together in marriage, and of creating man in the first place. This is a fine clue for man and helps us in our understanding of things. . it might even help us understand the workings of the universe itself. I just think, though, that most people in my position, those who bother to think about the issue of course, would tend to criticize earth and the way it is turning out. Your ideas about conflict are having very unintended consequences indeed Jehovah. For to invoke the notion of conflict and to allow humans to figure the whole thing out without help is somewhat beyond my idea..of a good idea.."
.
LGJ: " Surely you jest Ida. Give credit where credit is due at least. I am aware of your philosophy you know, I understand this business of the ' One ' as everyone does who bothers to think about the matter. And, I know that this is where your bread and butter lies, so to speak. We all need to do something and believe in something as well; we are all philosophers in one degree or another. Take a look at my earth and what do you see? You see the wonder of creation that is what you see..and a whole lot more as well. Can you not see the magic in my design Ida...are you that blind that you cannot see?..I am using matter in the same way that you would envisage it to be used. It is a looking glass and training ground for man. You and I need to plant ideas into man; that creature born of matter. Without us he would be nothing. Where do you think man got his consciousness from? I know that you agree and understand these things as I do. An idea is meaningless Ida if it cannot be put into practice. And, that is what I attempted to do with earth as well. It is all there Ida just take a look. I have invented evil and lust and greed and all the rest. What more do you want than that?... And, I gave man a ticket out the turmoil as well. Yes, belief in me Ida. That is my idea. And, you say why do I not control these things and make man happier and all the rest?...well, that would foolish Ida. How could man learn if I was to change the rules in midstream...what would I accomplish by doing that? If I created man in an ideal world without sin and pain and suffering then what would I have done? The answer Ida is that I would have harmed man in the process...He could not learn Ida...I would be cheating man...out of his destiny."
.
Ida: " You make me laugh Jehovah. Destiny. You talk of the destiny of man? Did you not listen to Arthur Schopenhauer and what he had to say about destiny? That is a frightful thought Jehovah. I think perhaps that what you might have done is simply created a make work project for youself or some sort of self love scheme to boost your ego a bit. Certainly these kinds of notions could be read into your design by any objective observer with anything resembling a brain. ... But, I digress of course. I see some logic in your speech Jehovah and it makes sense on a certain level. However, I would critique your earth on at least two other levels. The first being the use of conflict itself. Maybe if you created a perfect world then you would not have to introduce conflict to try and figure it out and to fix it; or more aptly, correct your mistakes. Perhaps we are merely dealing with crisis management here Jehovah. What do you think of that? My second criticism of your philosophy is based your idea that you are the person who can exact these changes. Think about it Jehovah. I am not saying that I am better than this or that person or god or idea or anything else, but I saying that I understand the system in its entirety. And, when I understand something in its fullness then that allows me to contemplate just what this system needs for its very survival. By your actions you are saying that you are greater than idea or matter itself. Can you confidently do that Jehovah and can you legitimately offer earth as evidence of one of your successes?
.
LGJ: " Absolutely Ida. I use matter in the same way that you do. Your very husband is the God of Matter, or a god of matter. And, what does that mean? It means that you would use matter as you would any kind of matter, and that is to your advantage. Does your husband understand these things Ida, or does he even bother to care or think about these things? Is he a mere toy boy of yours perhaps? Well, similarly with myself. I have used matter to craft the earth. Yes, even selfishly I have done so. But, in my selfishness I am aiding mankind and in fact all of eternity. Can you say the same thing as regards the use of you husband Ida? "
.
Ida: " Well, I don't you think you have ever seen me afraid of conversation Jehovah and the places where it might lead you. Of course I am selfish, as selfish as any god or other thing, where and when required, that is. But, are there not even different aspects to selfishness itself? Are there not good and bad aspects of selfishness? You say that you want to help mankind find itself and if using selfishness is part of the bargain so be it. All tools are at our disposal when it comes to the future of eternity. But, herein lies our basic difference Jehovah...Take the instance of the marriage of Katy and Carl and tell me exactly what you see. Tell me now what you see..if you dare..."
.
LGJ: " Well, they are going to get married in a Christian Church are they not. Isn't that enough of a beginning for you and a sampling of my work?"
.
Ida: " And, what other choices do they have? What does the venue matter Jehovah, it is the fact that they are getting married that is important. Do you count the number of people who get married in churches and then simply place another notch on your pistol? Is that how you view these marriages Jehovah? Jehovah, people get married in churches all of the time, but what does it mean? The marriage is being sanctified by you in the name of God. But, how many people getting married in churches actually live by this idea? Think about it Jehovah. What do you really think they are thinking about when they are standing there together in contemplation?
.
LGJ: " I respect your views Ida, but I stand firm on my ideas. My world and my ideas are in fact working. And, marriage and marriage in churches is testimony to my successes. "
.
Ida: " Think about what you have done and are doing. You are a mere idea such as myself. We are both gods but what rights does that infer when we are dealing with a universe and with eternity? We both understand the complexities of the universe and of its needs. We both know the use and reason for matter. You do not have to create a haven for conflict to get results. There are other methods besides the dialectic. Maybe the dialectic is just more proof of your mistakes Jehovah; that the opposing forces allowed this method to develop. Just simply portray the truth and offer man the best ideas, without pain and suffering and all the rest. That is what I am trying to do with my philosophy. Don't make man struggle for no purpose at all, except personal satisfaction and glory. That is vanity Jehovah and both You and I can do better than that.
.
...Jehovah you have stepped out of your boundaries with your philosophy; you are not respecting the integrity of the whole or the One. Can you not see that? You are making a whole people believe in You for the sake of believing in You. What does man gain from simply believing in You? That is your objective. And, my goals are contrary to yours; that is our difference. Man gains nothing from the simple believing in You. You are restricting man with your philosophy and you are hurting him. By your philosophy you create attitudes in him and this affects his personality as well. If he is believing in You as a path to salvation and eternal life then what are you teaching him? He is not supposed to believe in other gods and other ideas, only the idea of You. Is that fair to man? Sure, you taught him Goodness and even Beauty, but did you have to expose him to evil and to sin all at the same time and confound the issue for him, and to make him pay for his sins? You are leaving out the most important ingredient of all Jehovah. You are denying reality with your methods; You are denying it to Yourself and to Your creations as well. You are denying the existence of matter and idea working together to produce a result in a manner that is free of any extra and unnecessary baggage. Jehovah, you are demanding man to be obedient when he is not required to be. You are imposing Your will on man in a most selfish way. Reality Jehovah is knowing that happiness is possible and you cannot attain that reality without gaining access to happiness. And, happinesss comes out of union, unfetterred. Jehovah, a marriage is a metaphor for happiness; a union of two people coming together so that both may benefit. A marriage under your guidance is not pure Jehovah and You know that. So, what you call destiny I call an injustice.
.
I trust Jehovah that you will respect this marriage for what it is and let it be. For your sake, for mine and for all eternity. I hope that you appreciate the significance of this wedding made in Heaven on this Day. "
.
Jehovah did not respond to Ida and her speech. He simply looked at her with a steady glance and then rubbed his face with his hands. He glanced down towards the other end of the table. He wanted no more of this conversation. He got up and moved closer to where Jesus and the rest were sitting. His dog followed Him eagerly as did His companion fairy.
.
Matt and his fairy approach the table where Ida was sitting. Ida was sitting alone. She started to cry and her companion fairy Chelsea moved closer to comfort her and offered her a napkin to dry her eyes with. But, she did not touch the Goddess.


Matt: " You are upset Honey. what did Jehovah say to you to make you feel so? "
.
Ida steadily regained her composure and started to rise from the table and chair that she was seated upon. Chelsea aided her making sure that her dress was kept in perfect order.
.
Ida: " It's nothing honey. Nothing really. I am going to have to make my presentation soon honey will you help me get ready?"
.
.
Matt: " Of course babe anything you say. "
.
.
To be continued...
.
.












No comments: