HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 6

.

.


The Marriage of Carl Baydala
.


Part Six
.


.

.
A Marriage made in Heaven
.
and sanctioned by the gods

..


.
.

.



Act Three: Scene Two

.
Setting: Saturday night in Juneau, Alaska
.
A hotel room in Juneau
.
Characters: Carl Baydala, Bert ( His Best Man )
.
.
Carl and his friend and Best Man, Bert are sitting in Carl's hotel room getting ready for the wedding. Carl is seated in a recliner, feet extended, and holding a beer in his left hand. Bert is sitting on a stool facing him.
.
Bert looking directly at Carl: " So, how do you feel Carl? "
.
Carl: " I feel fantastic man, this is the greatest day of my life let me tell you. "
.
Bert: " Yeah, how many years was it anyway? I mean, you must have asked Katy to get married a million times and she kept turning you down. I wonder what changed her mind, and so suddenly too. "
.
Carl: " Well, the story I got from her is that it just happened. She didn't give me all of the details, saying it was sort of secret and that kind of thing. So, I didn't push the issue. I mean, I was just happy that she finally accepted one of my offers. And, she phoned me out of the blue too. "
.
Bert: " Wow! "
.
Carl: " Yes, that is my sentiments exactly. We really do have a lot in common you know, it just took her a little while to figure things out that is all. I think our most common thing though is our idealism. Now, I don't mean idealism in the religious sense, but rather, in the sense of holding something in high regard, you know like some kind of an idea even in the sense of striving to achieve something. Or, maybe even being in an ideal position, that kind of thing. I don't really think she is in to that heavy idealism of the philosophers, but then again, she could be. Who knows how women think anyway? "
.
Bert: " I think you have something there all right. They are a strange breed sometimes. Who cares what the reason is for changing their mind. Just be thankful they change it in you favour. I think that is the big thing. "
.
Carl: " Well, of course that is an obvious thing. But, you know there are differences between us as well. And, I am just wondering if that is the real reason for her changing her mind so suddenly like she did. Like, sometimes opposites attract you know. Maybe there is something in my character that she needs for her own needs. I am only searching for clues Bert so don't take me too seriously."
.
Bert: " I wouldn't think of it. "
.
Carl: " I don't think it would be the differences though. That doesn't really make sense. Why invite conflict, I mean? I'm thinking it is the love connection Bert. Maybe she is at that point in her life now where she realizes that two people coming together can achieve a lot. You know, two heads are better than one and that kind of thing. "
.
Bert: " Like a pooling of resources you mean? "
.
Carl: " Of course. But, maybe something else too. I was doing some reading lately you know, about philosophy things and I learned some things about how people can be more happy. Like you know how I think Katy is the perfect woman? Well, that is an idea you know and it had to come from somewhere. Maybe from just out of my head or from somewhere else. Who knows from where. But, I consider her to be a perfect woman, and obviously the best choice for me. How come? Well, just think about it. I hope you don't mind me answering my own question by the way. Well, anyway, when I am driving around in my car and the music is blaring away, well what do you think I think of? Right. The answer is Katy. Now, I could have been thinking of a whole pile of great things, but my mind always goes back to Kat, and her perfection. It is the music that is setting me free and taking me somewhere else. Maybe to a place called idea land or something. Who knows anyway..are you following me Bert? "
.
Bert: " Sure, I know what you mean.
.
Carl: " But, just to extend things a bit though, maybe there is some kind of female - male connection involved here as well, but incorporating the same idea as before of course, if you follow what I mean..and this is just a theory of course so don't hold it against me. I mean, come on Bert. Who decided to create man and woman anyway? What is the purpose of the whole thing? You know, when you think about Creation, or even just the business of coming into existence from whatever source and for whatever reason, it is an amazing idea. The odds of me being alive are just astounding. I mean, I shouldn't even be, but I am. I was born at a certain time and at a certain place. I was brought up somehow and learned things that others did not learn. I have my very own personality. I am a very special person with a very special background. And, so is everybody else, and that includes Katy. So, what brought me and Katy together in the first place?
Is it just dumb luck, or is it fate. Well,what is it?
.
Bert: " You know what your basic problem is Carl..you think too much. Now, here is a woman saying that she is willing to marry you and you have to sit down and analyze the whole thing. There is nothing to figure out Carl. She wants to marry you. So, isn't that enough for you..are you trying to control her or something...if not..then why are you spending so much time on trying to figure things out? Remember, Katy is a doer and you are a thinker. Now that is pretty risky business in some circles, so thank your lucky stars or gods or whatever it is that made this happen. "
.
Carl: " Interesting point...and how come you know so much Bert? "
.
Bert: " 'Cause I am married that's why. Yeah, just let things go and go with the flow. She has found something that she likes in you and that is all a guy ever needs to know. She has found something to make the connection work for HER, so I suggest you concentrate on that feature and nothing else. So, just be in love and be happy. Period.
.
Carl: " Nice philosophy "
.
.
.
.
To be continued....
.




No comments: