HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 5






. The Marriage of Carl Baydala
.

Part Five

.
.

..
.


. A Marriage made in Heaven
.
and sanctioned by the gods .

. Act Three: Scene One.


Setting: Saturday night in Juneau, Alaska

Katy's Bedroom .

Characters: Katy, Elana .

Katy is in her bedroom getting ready to be married and her Bridesmaid, Elana is helping her prepare for the big event. They are sitting on Katy's bed next to each other. Katy begins to cry.

.
Elana: " Don't cry Katy everything will be all right. "
.
Katy: " I have to cry Elana, I am just so happy. I never knew getting married would be like this. And, it just happened, so suddenly, like a lighting bolt. Who wouldn't be shedding tears at a time like this? "
.
Elana: " I don't really know how you feel Katy, but I would sure be happy if I was getting married. I mean, look at me. Nobody would even give me a second look for goodness sake. "
.
Katy: " Don't talk like that Elana you are a very pretty girl, any man would love to have you as his wife. "
.
Elana: " You are just being kind Katy, I know how you are. That is why you are getting married and I am not. You are like a goddess Katy. Well, that is what Carl says about you anyway. "
.
Katy: " Oh, don't be silly Elana. I am not a goddess at all. Carl is just crazy about me that's all. There is nothing goddess like about me at all."
.
Elana: " When did you decide to marry Carl Katy? I mean, he asked you so many times and you kept refusing, so why now, what happened? "
.
Katy: " Can you keep a secret Elana? "

.
Elana: " Of course I can, you know better than that. "
.
Katy wiping her eyes continue to talk
.
" Well, I know this may sound really stupid, but it happened in a dream. Believe it or not, just a stupid dream. It was like a fairy visited me or something. "
.
Elana: " What, are you serious. a fairy? "
.
Katy: " Yeah, just like in the movies. I was having a dream and this lady, her name was Ida, that is what she said. And, she told me many things that I did not know before, things that I had never thought about. "
.
Elana: " What kind of things Katy? "
.

Katy: " Well, just things, you know. Things that girls tell other girls, except in this case it is in a dream and it is a fairy or a goddess telling you things. I remember now. She was a goddess. She told me that she was the Goddess of Ideas and that her name was Ida. Yeah, that is what it was. She was wearing this long scarf and she was very beautiful indeed. I remember she had gold earings on too. I could tell she was a goddess she was just so perfect. Now I am starting to remember more.... I remember she sat down right next to me, put her arm around me and just started talking and explaining things to me. She was telling me all about real love and happiness and what it all means, all kinds of stuff like that. She also told me that I was special, so special in fact that only another special kind of person should marry me...someone like Carl. That is what she told me. "
.

Elana: " Wow, wish that could have been me. then what happened?

.
Katy: " Well, she started to tell me how important ideas were and that I ought to be happy all of the time and that is what gods lived for, to be happy. And, then she said that everyone should be happy and not sad. And, then she started to sing a song right into my ear. "

.
Elana: " What was the song Katy?
.

Katy: " Oh I can't recall the exact name or anything like that, but it was beautiful sounding and it made me think of space and eternity and that kind of stuff. I felt like I was in Heaven and I was the happiest person in the whole wide world. And, then she made me think of Carl and a vision of him appeared in my mind. And, then Ida hugged me and I felt like I was going to die I was just so happy. "
.

Elana: " And then what happened? "
.

Katy: " Well, another vision appeared. It was a wedding scene and the music was just like the song that Ida was singing. It was a beautiful happy wedding scene. and then you know what happened? "
.

Elana: " No what? "
.
Katy: " Well, after she showed me that wedding scene she made me wake up and turn on my computer and she led me directly to this wedding video on the Internet. I guess I was still dreaming, but I am not exactly sure about that part of it... would you like to see it? "
.

Elana: " Of course, are you crazy? "

'
Katy gets off the bed and sits down at her computer table She turns on her computer and plays the wedding song.



Elana gets up off the bed and sits beside Katy on another chair.The video begins to play.
.

.

Elana: " Holy smoke. that is absolutely awesome. Lucky you. "
.
Katy: " I know. " she starts crying again
.
Elana: " don't do that Katy don't cry please. "
.
Katy: " I'm sorry Elana I cant help myself. Elana, do you remember a few minutes ago, when you were in the other room....did you hear that rumbling sound coming from down below? "
.
Elana: " Yeah, I guess I did. it was kind of freaky in a way. You Know, I completely forgot about that since I was thinking about you and your wedding so much. "
.
Katy: " Yeah, me too. I wonder what it was. I was really eerie, just creepy. "
.
Elana: " It did not last very long so that it is the good part I suppose. "
.
Katy: " Yes, you are right. I guess we should not worry about things like that on this special day. "
.
Elana: " Katy, I am glad you are getting married in that place you know, the one you picked out.
.
Katy: " Yup, and it is just a small hall not too far away from here. They do these small weddings. Carl and I didn't want it in a church anyway. Neither one of us is really religious you know, so why bother with a big church wedding and showing off and all that. "
.
Elana: " Yes, I think you're right. Just a small place seems so cozy and warm. A good place to get married, I think. I think that is what I will do when I get married too.
.
Katy: " Does Biff still phone you Elana? "
.
Elana: " No, I haven't heard from him in a while. I wish he would phone though. "
.
Katy: " Oh I am sure he will phone one day..just keep hoping that is all one can do you know..one day it will happen...look what happened to me and how long it took. "
.
Elana: " I suppose you are right Katy...you are also right about so many things. No wonder Carl absolutely adores you.
.
Katy: " Yes, he loves me there is no question about it. He is very sincere you know. And, that is what Ida said too. He is for real.
.
Elana: " So who is going to do the wedding again?
.
Katy: " Oh some magistrate or justice of the peace or something like that. Some official person anyway. Might even be a female somebody said. It will all be legal and proper of course. Jut no religion that is all. But, it is the same thing really . It is a union. a solemn coming together and that is what Carl and I are interested in. "
.
Elana: " Sounds good Katy. How are you feeling now? "
.
Katy: " Much better. " she wipes her eyes
.
Elana picks up a mirror and holds it in front of Katy.
.
Elana: " Take a look Katy. the most beautiful bride in the whole state of Alaska. "
.
Katy laughed.
.
.
.
.
To be continued....
.

No comments: