HAVE YOU HUGGED A PEST TODAY? ....a wikimedia pest

Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 11


.
The Marriage of Carl Baydala
.
.
.
Part Eleven
.
.




.

A Marriage Made in Heaven

and Sanctioned by the gods

.

.

.

The Marriage of Carl Baydala
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 2

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 3
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 4

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 5
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 6
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 7
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 8
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 9
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 10
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 11


Characters: Katy and Carl
.

.

Act Six: Scene One

.

Setting: Hotel Room

.

Katy and Carl are lying in bed the morning after their wedding. Katy is crying and is waking up from a dream. She crawls out from under the blanket that is covering both her and Carl and heads towards the bathroom. She then stands naked in front of the mirror and looks at herself. Carl wakes up and sees her standing there.

.

Carl: " I heard you crying Babe is there anything wrong?

.

Katy: " No, Honey, its nothing really I was just having one of those stupid dreams again. You know how it is, they just make me cry that's all. "

.

Katy grabs a towel off the side of the wall and wraps it around her neck like a scarf and then does a pirouette and the scarf is flying about in the air. Katy is enjoying herself immensely and begins to sing a song...

"...It's you and me Moving at the speed of light into eternity.....

Tonight is the night To join me in the middle of ecstasy......

Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music Around you, around you.......I'ma take you there ...

We can go anywhere, go anywhere.......But first, it's your chance, take my hand, come with me.....

It's like I waited my whole life for this one night.

It's gon' be me, you and the dance floor.

Cause we only got one nightDouble your pleasure, double your fun.....

And dance forever-ever-everForever-ever-everForever-ever-everForever(Forever)Ever-ever-everForever-ever-everForever-ever-everForever on the dance floorFeels like were on another level...... " *

.

she stops singing and asks Carl a question....

.

Katy: " What do you think Honey...is it me? "

.

Carl: " Babe, anything could be you. If you were wearing a sack it would be you. I would love you no matter what you wore. Surely you know that. When a guy loves a woman it really doesn't matter what she is wearing. Her beauty is enough for any man. ...by the way Babe, you sound great when you are singing....it's good to see you happy like that...."

.

Katy: " That's sweet of you Honey. I'm only singing because I am happy that's all. "

.

Katy then takes the towel and wraps it around her head so that her hair is covered.

.

Katy: " This is what the Muslim girls do Carl so that they will not excite the men. Is it working? "

.

Carl: " I guess it might have a chance of working if you covered the rest of you Babe. "

.

Katy: " Silly me. Of course. " She then grabs another towel and wraps it around her body so that is covered......


" So how is that? "

.

Carl: " Nice job. But, like I said I would like you no matter what you did. I know what is under there Babe. For me, anyway, it just makes you look more sexy. You are a sexy woman Katy so there is no sense in trying to hide it. Maybe the religious girls think they are pulling something off, but it won't work with me that is for sure. "

.

Katy: " Yes, I suppose you are right. Sex is just so ingrained in our culture now isn't it? Anyway, speaking of sex how did you enjoy are love making last night?

.

Carl: " Katy you are the best damn woman in the world and I am glad I married you. Of course the sex was great, what did you expect me to say anyway? "

.

Katy: " Well, there is a lot more where that came from Honey so don't you fret about that. What my man wants he gets. No questions asked. "

.

A big smile appears on Carl's face and he sits up in bed.

.

Carl: " Wow, that is a pretty impressive philosophy Babe what brought this on? "

.

Katy: " Oh just a bit of common sense I suppose. Something I learned over the years I guess and my relations with people - and with men. We are what we are Honey so there is no sense in trying to change things. That is the way I have things figured out. '

.

Carl: " Lucky for me I suppose. I mean, I don't have to pretend that I like sex or anything like that. '

.

Katy: " Not on my watch Honey. You are my man and what my man wants he receives. ...but, speaking of sex Honey I have decided that we should have a child right away, and maybe two. Yes, I think two should cover it. I mean, that is the real reason for sex anyway isn't it? It is just a practical device after all. "

.

Carl laughing: " You're the boss Babe, so did you want to get started right away? I am not doing anything at the moment. ...Anyhow, while you are up Honey could you grab me a beer from the fridge and a glass too? "

.

Katy: " You are a funny man Carl Baydala I guess that is why I picked you and no one else. There will be lots of time for that.... "



She takes two beer out of the fridge. One for Carl and one for herself. She takes a couple of clean glasses off the counter and moves towards the bed and sits down beside Carl. She passes him a beer and continues talking...



...I am just saying that I think we should start planning for that right away - to have children, I mean. And, I even have some names picked out too. I think Ida would be a good name for a girl, and maybe Matt for the boy. "

.

Carl: " Are those Biblical names Babe, they sure sound like they are right out of the Bible. You know, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, that kind of thing. "

.

Katy: " Not exactly Honey. Just think of them as destiny names. I was having this dream and in the dream were these names. And, they were Ida and Matt. In fact, I guess I should tell you that the reason I decided to marry you was because of a dream too. Maybe you have seen that wedding video on the internet. Well, then again maybe you haven't. It doesn't matter anyway...anyhow that's another story... I think you can see, I am a very honest person and I want you to know absolutely everything there is to know about me."

.

Carl: " Do tell me more, now you have got me interested. You mean that I am just a result of your dreams...of your fantasies? "

.

Katy: " Oh no, nothing like that. Don't be silly. I mean, dreams are important things you know. Dreams are part of your consciousness and thinking and that kind of thing. They are part of reality really, just a separate part that is all. So, I think that we should pay a lot of attention to dreams so what do you think about that? '

.
Carl: " Fair enough I suppose. Yeah, I have dreams too you know. Like, I lost track of how many times I thought of you in my dreams. Well, I guess dreams really do come true then. "

.

Katy: " Now you are on to it. That is what dreams really are. They are just manifestations of our will that is all; you know, of our inner desires. Maybe you have even read about some of these philosophers. A lot of them talk about the will and that indescribable thing known as will being responsible for everything. Maybe that is the key to the whole of our understanding. ... And, maybe this is where all of our ideas come from too. Ideas live and are born in the mind - our brains Honey. Who knows where they come from originally, but that is where they live, that is for sure. Oh, it is such an interesting topic Carl I hope you don't mind me carrying on like this. "

.

Carl: " Why would I mind? According to your philosophy that would be dumb.... I think it is a small price to pay for all the sex that you say that I am going to be getting anyway. Why wouldn't I pay attention? "


.


Katy: " Funny boy. "

.

Carl: " How come you never responded to my marriage calls until now? I mean what held you back, from your destiny as you call it? And, now that I think about it, you sure know a lot about ideas and that kind of thing. "

.

Katy: " Well, I guess I just wasn't ready for marriage. I mean, you can't just get married because you say you want to get married and be damned with the consequences. I mean, it has to feel right. The person you are marrying has to understand and love you. For what you are, I mean. I mean, you telling me that you would love me if I was wearing a sack is exactly the kind of thing that I want to hear. That tells me that you really do love me Carl and that is why I know that I made the right decision. You have to be comfortable with the whole idea. There is that word idea again. Oh my! "

.

Carl: " So, I mean, this sex thing doesn't bother you that much. I mean, you must know how some guys just think about sex all of the time, like it was their job or destiny or something. "

.

Katy: " Not at all. Like I told you earlier, sex actually does have a function. It is practical. Most girls are interested in sex too you know so don't think that guys are the only experts in this area. They don't own sex even though they might think they do. Plus, sex is the basis for eternity. So, I guess that is why the Christian god invented the thing, according to the Bible, I mean. How else were man and woman going to come together anyhow? I mean, they would just be standing there like stupid blobs wondering what to do with one another and wondering why they were placed on Earth. So, all in all I think God had a pretty decent idea, when He invented sex, that is. He did it for the animals and man and everything living thing. I think man might just be a metaphor for eternity Carl and not much more than that. '

.

Carl: " You think God invented sex. Do you really believe that? "

.

Katy: " Yes, I do and I am not even religious, like you think of religious people, I mean. I think sex just had to be invented anyway. I mean, what is sex anyhow? Well, let me answer that for you because I am sure you are interested. "

.

Carl: " Holy cow Katy, you really are some kind of a philosopher. I thought I had done a lot of thinking in this area, but it looks like you are no slouch at all...please continue on but, didn't you just answer your own question anyhow..."

.

He was thinking that he had really hit the jackpot marrying this girl. She was a goddamn philosopher and an expert. He knew now that their marriage was going to have something to keep it afloat and that it would last. This was not just some simple physical sexual or lustful union, a common marriage. This girl had her act together. He wanted to get to the bottom of her philosophy. She liked sex, she liked drinking beer and she wanted to figure everything out. Christ, she was beautiful. Maybe she was even made in Heaven, if there was a Heaven, that is.

.

Katy: " Well, to continue on. Yes, sex and marriage and having babies, well that is just the way eternity works. How can you understand eternity if you don't know what it is composed of....are you following me? "

.

Carl: " I guess so. So, God, even though He is criticized quite a bit, really did have some good ideas then. If I am understanding what you are saying, I mean."

.

Katy: " That's right. God was playing by the rules of eternity. He was playing ball so to speak. He created a metaphor that you and I, His creations, can understand. He provided meaning for us. And, as humans that is what we try to do, namely try to figure the whole thing out before we die. "

.

Carl: " But, you know Katy, there are those who would criticize this God business. Like it is all just fantasy talk and the like. And, how come you are not upset that you got the short end of the man woman relationship according to God. He made you guys second class you know, I mean subservient to man. You women are forced to obey and serve man. That is your destiny according to the Bible you know. I know that if I was a woman I wouldn't put up with nonsense like that. I would reject that god in an instant. "

.

Katy: " And, you would be a fool in the process of doing that too. "

.

Carl: " How can you say that. I mean you guys, you girls, are doomed to play some meagre, secondary role throughout eternity. "

.

Katy: " Don't you believe that for a second Mr. Baydala. Not one tiny second.. Do you think that you are better than me, because you are a male, I mean?"

.

Carl: " Of course not. I respect you for just what you are. A thinking, breathing female. Second class. Not on your life. "

.

Katy: " Well, then there you are. I guess God isn't so powerful after all now is He? Think of it this way Honey. If either one of us wanted to have a baby what would we have to do? "

.

Carl: " Well, I guess we have to rely on our partners to participate. I mean, you need both a female and male to produce a baby right? So, I suppose both are equally as powerful. They need one another, nobody is any better than the other one. I guess that is what I have against some of these modern religions though. They seem to segregate women and men, like they were different or something. "

.

Katy: " Only in the sex department Carl. Only in the sex parts. Remember, the Christian god created lust and sin and that is a pretty hard thing for most people to get over. They live with these things and struggle with it in their lives and in their marriages. They think of each other as mere sex objects. Do you think that I am just an object of sex for you? Is that all you want from me? "

.

Carl: " Of course not Babe, you are much more than that to me. You are a very special woman. I can see that in an instant. And, you might even be the perfect woman, if such a thing exists. Katy, you take a relationship to a whole new level. You bring meaning to my marriage and I mean that. "

.

He pulls her closer to him and kisses her

.

Katy: " Of course Honey, there is more to marriage than just sex. And, thank you for acknowledging that I might just be the perfect woman. I kind of like that idea. It has a certain ring of destiny to it. ( Katy laughing ) And, while we are the topic of ideas again maybe this marriage thing has to be considered in its totality to be really appreciated. I think marriage really is just some kind of metaphor Honey, a union message. Sure sex is part of it, but what else is part of it? I mean what is the essence of marriage when you get right down to it? Two people coming together because of physical desire. I mean do you think that is what it is all about, just that? If that was the case then why bother even getting married? There are other methods by which to acquire sex if that is somebody's objective. You know Honey, I just think that there is some kind of purpose to this universe of ours and if I believe that then I am talking about some kind of will as well. I mean, that is what the philosophers are always jabbering about aren't they? Do you really think that all of reality is just nature like so many believe, that everything is a just a product of raw, random events. Like God or some idea is not part of the picture?

.

Carl: " I have never been a strong God guy Katy, just for the record, I mean. Like the Christian God. I just don't buy it. I think nature doing the job on her own is a pretty compelling case. The only thing that fouls it up of course is this idea business. I know that lots of people think that idea and God is paramount, but I don't subscribe to that view at all. There is no purpose in nature Honey, not even in man. He just evolved that's all. The evidence is pretty clear on that point. "

.

Katy: " Well, I am trying to tell you that you don't have to buy it, or that form of it anyway. And, forget about nature being the supreme thing here as well. But, at least you are buying into the notion of idea. That is the positive thing. You know that there are two basic things in the universe Honey, and one of them is the existence of ideas and the other is matter which we all know about of course. And, neither of them can exist without the other. You know that right.... "

.

He nods in agreement.

.

Katy continues......." You just have to believe that there are forces for good in the world and, in fact, the whole universe. We all want to be happy right and live forever, if it was possible I mean, And, the only reason that we want to do that is because we know how wonderful things can be, when they are going our way that is. That is where the concept of eternity comes from Honey. Nature cannot produce a concept now can it? Man believes in eternity because he believes in the idea of happiness and pleasure lasting forever. And, sex is only part of that pleasure, it is the physical part; it is not the important portion, but only the introductory part - the get to know you side of things. The part that we can experience emotionally. Our bodies gave us that ability to feel good, but our minds explain it for us - our ideas do all of the heavy lifting Honey. But, where you might enquire did the idea come from to make all of this happen?

.

Carl: " Don't know for sure Babe. I don't want to rain on your parade but some people think that matter can actually produce ideas though. Just for the record, I mean. "


Katy: " Well, man only knows about two things,and one of them better than the other, and that is not saying much according to some philosophers either. There is the part that we experience here on Earth and then there is the unknown or metaphysical part. You know, the part where we believe that gods exist, as ideas I mean. "

.

Carl: " Yeah, I got that part figured out already Babe. "

.

Katy: " Anyhow, some people believe that there are some eternal ideas that only have to be discovered. You know, like Goodness, Beauty, Truth and that kind of thing. The philosopher Plato told us a lot about these things. But, they are really just philosophical things because nobody has ever really found or touched these things. We just talk about them and imagine them as being real and perfect and findable even. "

Carl: " Kind of like me finding you - the perfect woman. "

.

Katy laughing: " Yes that is absolutely correct. I am Carl Baydala's perfect woman. Now you are talking! And, how would you describe your perfect woman Sir? "

.

Carl: " Now, that is a simple thing to answer. I would just point at you and say that Beauty or Perfection herself is right beside me. And, who is going to disagree with me? "

Katy: " I suspect the person who has different ideas than you as to what constitutes beauty and perfection. Is that not correct?

.

Carl: " And, I would call them a liar and inform them that they do not know what they are talking about. That is what I would do."

.

Katy: " And, you would be defending my honour then and my integrity as something akin to perfection? "

.

Carl: " Indeed I would. "

.

Katy: " And, you would be engaging in a battle of ideas then in my defense? "

.

Carl: " Correct again. I would tell everyone that here is a physical specimen of a woman who just happens to be perfect in every manner that a gentleman expects a woman to be perfect in. You would qualify as perfection. For not only are you a physical beauty, but you are possessed of sound philosophical knowledge as well. And, I would further tell them that you have an intimate knowledge of practical ideas as well. For when you talk you make sense. Even on matters of sexuality you make emminent good sense. Only a perfect woman could be able to function in such a manner. "

.

Katy: " And, that is why I picked you as my husband Carl Baydala because I knew that you appreciated me and my characteristics, or essences if you will. You do know and appreciate perfection when confronted with it and I commend you on that score. Now, the problem with general mankind is that some of them cannot appreciate me for what I am and what I represent, whereas you have already proven yourself in that regard. You are qualified to by my partner Carl Baydala since you understand and appreciate me.

.

Carl: " Well, now that we are the same page what do we do now?

.

Katy: " I suppose we could go about the business of creating those two offspring which I was talking about earlier, you know, someone to carry on the tradition of perfection, so to speak

Carl: " A sterling idea. "

.

The end

.

The Marriage of Carl Baydala
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 2

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 3
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 4

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 5
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 6
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 7
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 8
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 9
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 10
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 11




.

Happy Lady Found Here

.

* Chris Brown - Forever lyrics

.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice article....................................................................................................

don_japan said...

Interesting format and dialectic Carl. Ever read The Outsider, by Colin Wilson?? I think you would dig his treatise.